Monday, May 23, 2011

LEANING SHELF MADE FROM PALLETS

I finally finished my shelf and I LOVE it! I want a little more COLOR in my house, and my little shelf has just done that for me.


I have been thinking about what to make with the three middle boards from the pallets I used on my CLOCK. I like the leaning shelves that are EVERYWHERE right now and.....I have an idea!!






Mine

HOW it was made

You will need two middle boards from a pallet.
How I got the correct angle for the top was by propping it against the side of an exterior

wall and tracing the angle.

I forgot to take a picture before I painted them, so this an example after I had painted it.


What the color looked like before I dry brushed over it with white and gray.



I had a piece of pine in my stock pile of wood, and cut it in half.



I use thumb tacks ALL the time for the most random things and once again I found a 

use for them.



To place my boards on before I nailed them in place. I'm an "eye ball it" type of gal.

I didn't measure it, if you wanted to just start at the top and measure down

on both boards to your desired shelf height.

Looks good to me:)

I added a pole to the top just because it was scrap wood and I'm thinking if I ever

move my shelf to the living room I'll hang my magazines on it or a linen when I find one.

Cut the pole down to size, mine was 18"


You will now have the holes from the thumb tacks as a marking place for your 

"L" brackets.



~ Desiree ~
 


















Linking To:

Tip Junkie handmade projects


Funky Junk's Saturday Nite SpecialSAS Interiors




2 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the color. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yours is great! You did a fantastic job and posted a good tutorial. I linked this to my ladders post too - yay!

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...